Phantom released the a list last night, containing the titles in their 2011 production, Juliet. True to Regiment form, the repertoire will have mostly classical pieces, most notably by Mozart and Wagner.
Phantom’s Juliet will include excerpts from the following.
- East of Eden, by Lee Holdridge
- Requiem, by Giuseppe Verdi
- Requiem, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet (A Time For Us), by Nino Rota
- Romeo & Juliet, by Sergei Prokofiev
- Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral (from Lohengrin), by Richard Wagner
Phantom attached a “actual show may vary” disclaimer to their announcement. Their update states, “as the show continues to develop, it is possible that this list may change. But currently, the design staff is extremely happy with the current musical direction of the show.”
What about you? Are you happy with Phantom’s “current musical direction?” Why or why not? Let us know in the comments.